What you need to know
If you are in a accident, follow these important steps:
- Call 911 and seek medical advice ASAP.
- Do not move if you are injured, stay on the ground until the ambulance arrives.
- Do not move anything – you might tamper with evidence that will help you prove your case. Let the police do their job by filling out their report.
- If there is a witness ask them to stay around and talk to the police officer for the report. The more evidence in your favor, the more likely you will receive fair compensation for your injuries. Get their name and number in case they don’t have time to speak to the officer in charge.
- Insist the police officer talks to any witnesses and puts their name on their report. They may not get all the information needed to prove your case if left on their own, be persistent so your rights are protected.
- Call the Law Offices of Sousa and Sousa immediately at 508-230-5300. Time is of the essence. Take advantage of our experience in these important moments. We have been through this hundreds of times. We have been in business for over 50 years, and we have seen it all. Our timely advice can make all the difference.
Click on any of the links below to learn more about what Sousa and Sousa can do for you: